One of the domains that remain untouched or left by most of the customers of AirAsia is the cancellation and refund policy of the airline. Many of the customers either have partial knowledge or do not have any information about the cancellation and refund policy of AirAsia airlines. In case you are one of those customers who fall under a similar category then this tutorial would offer you all the necessary guides and instructions for the same.
AirAsia Airlines Cancellation Policy
The AirAsia cancellation policy states that all flights can be cancelled up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure time. If you have booked a flight with AirAsia and need to cancel it, you can do so through the airline’s website. To cancel your flight, log in to your account and go to the ‘My Bookings’ section. From here, you will be able to cancel your flight and receive a refund (if applicable).
- If you wish to cancel your ticket, then one criterion which should be fulfilled is that the ticket that you have booked is refundable in nature. Only then it makes sense to cancel the ticket.
- No sort of refund would be initiated for the customers if you cancel the flight which is non-refundable in nature.
- For delays of not more than 2 hours, there won’t be any refund initiated. In such cases, customers only have the option to reschedule their flight ticket free of cost.
- For any other questions that you may have with respect to the cancellation policy of the airlines then you can feel free to contact us at any given point in time and we would be happy to assist you.
AirAsia Ticket Cancellation Charges in India
The cancellation fee for an AirAsia flight ticket depends on the fare type you have purchased. AirAsia Domestic Flight Cancellation Charges within India are:-
- If you cancel your flight within 0 – 3 days before departure INR 3,500 per passenger per journey.
- If it is more than 4 days before departure INR 3,000 per passenger per journey.
- For refundable tickets, if you are canceling the ticket within 24 hours and 7 days prior to departure then you can expect 100% of the refund amount.
- Cancellations made within 24 hours of booking are liable to pay 100% of the cancellation amount.
- The airlines are to pay 100% of the amount for cancellations made by them due to some technical glitch or bad weather conditions.
Cancellation policy for Non-Refundable Tickets
Did you realize after the booking has been made that you have booked a non-refundable ticket? Were you not sure about your travel plans? Do you wish to cancel your ticket now? If that is so then we are sorry to say that even if you wish to cancel your ticket, then you won’t get a refund of any sort. For non-refundable tickets, there is no refund of any sort even if you wish to cancel your ticket. For more information, feel free to contact us and we would be happy to offer your assistance regards to the same.
How can I cancel my AirAsia Flight Ticket?
Have you ever wanted to cancel a flight ticket with AirAsia? If so, you’re not alone. Many travelers find themselves in the same situation, and it can be tricky to understand the cancellation process. If you have booked your ticket through our portal or any other official portal, then the steps mentioned below will help you to cancel the flight ticket on Air Asia.
Follow the steps below to cancel your AirAsia ticket online,
- Log in to the same portal which contains your booking and you wish to proceed ahead with the process of cancellation.
- Go to the Manage my booking section and select the ticket which you wish to cancel.
- Press and confirm the cancel button and once done then the refund would be automatically initiated onto the source account.
And that’s it! Your AirAsia flight ticket has now been cancelled and you will receive a confirmation email shortly.
Tips to Cancel AirAsia Flight Ticket
When you need to cancel your AirAsia flight ticket, there are a few things you should keep in mind to make the process go as smoothly as possible. First, be sure to check the cancellation policy for your ticket type – if you booked a promotional fare, there may be different rules than if you booked a regular fare. Second, if you’re within the cancellation period for your ticket type, you’ll want to log in to your AirAsia account and begin the cancellation process from there. If you need to cancel outside of the normal cancellation period, you can still do so by calling AirAsia’s customer service hotline. Keep in mind that there may be additional fees associated with cancelling your flight ticket, so be sure to read through all of the information carefully before making a final decision.
Cancel AirAsia Flights Via Customer Service Method
If you need to cancel your AirAsia flight ticket, you can do so via the customer service method. This involves calling the customer service number and speaking to a representative who will help you cancel your flight. You will likely be asked for your booking reference number and other personal information in order to cancel your flight. Be sure to have this information ready when you call so that the process can go smoothly.
Can I cancel an AirAsia flight within 24 hours?
If you need to cancel your AirAsia flight, you can do so within 24 hours of booking by contacting the airline directly. But as per the policy, if you cancel within 24 hours of purchasing the ticket, you are entitled to a full refund, provided your flight departs at least 7 days (168 hours) after booking.
AirAsia Refund Policy
The refund of your AirAsia flight ticket depends on the fare type you have purchased, and is subject to the following conditions:
- A refund will be made to the person in whose name the ticket appears or who has paid for the ticket (subject to proof of payment).
- Applicable cancellation service charges, penalties, and fees will be deducted prior to refund as per the rules mentioned on the ticket.
- The refund will be made in the manner in which the ticket was purchased and in the same currency.
- AirAsia may provide a refund to your Credit Account for future travel.
- Refund is directly through the third-party agents if the booking has been made through them.
- A refund is automatically initiated onto the source account if you have cancelled your ticket through the official website.
- All the refunds are to be initiated for the refundable tickets. There is no refund if the ticket that you have booked is non-refundable in nature.
- Customers are requested to contact their bank once the refund has been initiated from our end.
AirAsia No Show Policy
AirAsia’s No Show Policy is simple – ‘No Show’ at your own will, the refund policy for your flight booking is subject to the applicable fare terms and conditions of the airline and/or any applicable domestic laws and AirAsia disclaims any liability arising out of the same. For more information on each airline’s fare terms and conditions or governing domestic laws, please contact AirAsia Customer Service.
AirAsia Non-refundable Flight Policy?
If you have purchased a non-refundable flight ticket with AirAsia, you will not be able to receive a refund for your ticket. However, you may be able to make changes to your flight itinerary without incurring a change fee. If you need to cancel your flight, you can do so through the AirAsia website or by contacting customer service.
What happens if an AirAsia flight is Canceled?
If an AirAsia flight is canceled, passengers will be contacted by the airline and offered a full refund or the option to rebook on another flight. Passengers can choose to rebook, they will be given a voucher for the difference in fare.
How do I know if my AirAsia flight is Canceled?
If your AirAsia flight is canceled, you will receive an email notification from the airline. You can also check the status of your flight by calling the airline or by checking the online flight tracker.
Read Also –IndiGo Airlines Cancellation and Refund Policy